Monday 2 January 2017

Always Beginning

I have written before about my discomfort with New Year’s Eve celebrations, so I moved through the recent calendrical transition quietly, thinking of what I was happy (and sad) to be leaving behind in the year that was, and what paths I wish to take and how I need to grow in this year that is.


I sometimes reflect a little on what I need to change about myself, but I do not make resolutions. Such promises to the self are too simplistic, and often too easily broken. Mostly, real change takes time. It is an ongoing process, with many layers and shadows, not an immediate fix. Besides, every single day is a new beginning. The world turns, the sun rises, the birds sing (at ridiculously early hours on these long summer days), and we begin again … and again … and again …


Any day at all is a fitting day for change, to strive to do and be better.

I intend to remember this, this year. To try to make every day count.

6 comments:

  1. I Agree! Every day is a new opportunity. Not just the New Year!
    Wishing you beautiful moment, every new day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the same :) My Word is Cherish - I want hold close every day's gift... There IS always something - even on the darkest days :)
    Wishing you a precious, gentle 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these photos, such a beautiful landscape. Straight out of a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilja. They are the hills that I live amongst, on a particularly misty day. I applied a fade filter to the images, so the colours are a little different to reality, but I love them too. In the last photo you can see that some of the gum trees are in blossom.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you.